Top Ten Tips For Planning The Perfect Party!
Top Ten Tips For Planning The Perfect Party!
1. For your wedding, keep in mind that your guests are going to be where the you are. If you’re on the dance floor, your guests will be too!
2. Don’t micromanage the timeline. We do need the order of events but not necessarily the exact time for each.
3. If there are older guests, try not to sit them close or right in front of the speaker(s).
4. Don’t put the DJ in an obscure location or corner; the DJ needs to be easily visible and near the dance floor so they can see it to get a feel for the crowd.
5. If you have dance floor lighting, keep in mind that darker is better. Use dimmers for chandeliers, cafe lighting, etc.
6. If you have a bar or photo booth at the event, please put it in the main room where the DJ is. You want to keep people near the dance floor at all times.
7. When picking your songs for your event, take into account not only your taste, but the guests’ as well.
8. You always want to leave the guests wanting more. It’s not your responsibility to entertain guests until 10pm.
9. When picking your music, you don’t have to overdo it. Pick 20 - 30 or so songs you like and a few you don’t, and let us fill in from there.
10. If you have to cut corners on your budget, don’t skimp on your entertainment—it can make or break your wedding!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Arkansas Wedding DJS aren't all DJS the same?
DJS offer different skill levels and experience. Let's be serious while looking into what makes a great wedding DJ. Great wedding DJS put in the time and effort to create an experience for you and your fiance(e). Wedding DJS fall into two types of services. Although they come in all shapes and sizes, there are some general reoccurring themes within the two.
Type One DJs perform best when they are the center of attention. Props, games, line dances and lots of interaction on the microphone.
Type Two DJs are facilitators of music, announcements and events. Attention is focused on the clients, the guests and the music being played. The DJ’s interaction on the microphone is most often reserved for coordinating events and making formal announcements.
Type two are the best DJS for weddings. Arkansas Wedding DJS are type two.
2. HAVE YOU PERFORMED AT MY VENUE? The answer is probably yes. We have performed at most venues in the Arkansas, Feel free to contact us to find out the last time we performed at your chosen venue.
3. HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO YOUR DJS HAVE? Arkansas Wedding DJS works closely with DJ Timbo, DJ Jimmy, DJ Hollywood, DJ Doug Kramer, and DJ Sharpe. The numbers in years of experience varies, but our average is about 20 years each in the wedding industry as DJS. It is our passion to entertain your guests! Arkansas Wedding DJS proactively seeks out only personable, professional, and hard-working individuals with a love of music to join our team. We believe that many of the skills required to be a good DJ can be taught, but integrity, personality, and character are inherent. To make sure that our new DJs develop all these important aspects of service, they participate in our DJ Mentor Program, which combines classroom learning and on-the-job training.
4. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHO OUR DJ WILL BE? We take pride in our ability to match the right Associate DJ to your event. We use several criteria in making the selection including, but not limited to: your online DJ profile, song list and event site. ( View Associate DJs online.)
5. CAN WE GO TO A WEDDING WHERE YOUR DJS ARE PERFORMING? Arkansas Wedding DJS respects the privacy of all our clients; therefore, we do not allow clients to attend events to view our services. After all, would you want a complete stranger at your wedding distracting your DJ with questions? We believe that our focus should be on the wedding couple and their guests, not on selling our services to other brides and grooms. We have some videos on our website of actual weddings.
6. WHAT HAPPENS IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY? As with all of our services, we have a reserve DJ on call in case an emergency arises, giving you peace of mind. And in addition to reserve DJs, we also have a weekend manager and an on-call technician to handle any other situation that might arise.
7. WHAT IF WE DON'T GET THE RIGHT VIBE FROM OUR DJ WHEN WE SPEAK WITH HIM/HER? After the phone consultation, should you not be satisfied with the DJ selected, please do not hesitate to contact Jimmy at Arkansas Wedding DJS immediately and I will match you with another DJ, or you may select your own.
8. WHEN WILL WE HEAR FROM OUR DJ? Your DJ will call you within two business days (Monday – Friday) from the date of booking. He/She will discuss details and plan meetings as necessary through out the planning process and explain how to use the app/online planning service. He/She will finalize all the details with a meeting about 7 to 10 days before the wedding.